Monday, April 4, 2011

All the WC preps are killing me....

We did decide rather late that we will participate at the Worlds in Miami so I have been working like hell to do all the preps. The deciding factor was that we got engines from NovaRossi which was already preped and run. And trust me, they are really prepped and not tight at all! So, hopefully they will be fast... :-)

Normally we have a tendence to load the car with all the stuff we need (and don´t need...) but this time it will be a little bit tricky to go by car... :-) Ok, how hard can it be to do some "Biggest Looser" approach to the race stuff? Well, it is damn hard! After some packing, unpacking, replace some plastics boxes with cardboard boxes and packing again we are finally finished. Just under the baggage limit.

While I have been doing all the preps my driver is enjoying a good party... I mean, student life in Gothenburg. Actually, Marcus is also building a race car but a 1:1 scale or should I say 1:2 scale because it is a Formula Student Racecar. Marcus is responsible for suspension and all tests.

How about practice? Well, if you enjoy driving in +2 degress you know.... All in all, we have about 1,5 hours practice..... In a normal season that is not too bad beginning of April but we all know that this is not a normal season.... I am not happy with a WC in the start of the season. I believe that IFMAR need to be more carefully when deciding dates in the future.

On Thursday April 7th we are travelling to US. Keep all the fingers crossed that all the race stuff will arrive in Miami.

Over and out for now. We will do more reports during the WC.

Cheers,
Marcus/Wolfgang

No comments:

Post a Comment